21 January 2009

Great Lakes Chocolate and Coffee Company in Ann Arbor

Tried out a new study place today, at the instigation of a friend. It's a little out of the way for us--not downtown, not north campus, not by any stores we would typically go to. I think our friends go there because it is quiet. And for the hot chocolate, which was very good! It's made with real chocolate. Same as their mochas; they do also have a regular mocha, but at a chocolate shop, you have to get the one with real chocolate!

The hot chocolate was even good with soy milk! I had the soy milk in my coffee too and I was happy with it. I think some cafes use soy milk that's made for cold drinks and when it gets hot, it tastes funny.

The coffee was decent. I don't think I'm much of a coffee connoisseur. I just know that sometimes I don't like stuff and sometimes I do! They did ask if I wanted mild or bold so that was nice.

The workers were also very friendly. They had memorized the orders of some of the regulars and gave one guy extra syrup because they knew he liked his coffee as sweet as possible.

Also, the bathroom was clean.

I only wish they had more food options. I saw sandwiches, bagels, and a sign for oatmeal. They looked okay but I was not excited to try any of it.

Oh and free wi-fi of course.

4 Comments:

At 6:02 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Yay for non-chain coffee shops! The drinks sound delicious (especially since they use real chocolate). Too bad all their food items have wheat in them!

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger kristen said...

we went here over the weekend, this post reminds me of this place: http://www.panerabread.com/
there were college kids parked everywhere doing homework. its kind of annoying because its actually a nice place to get lunch - if all the seats weren't taken. otherwise, i love the sandwiches and soup. although, it is a chain :(

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

i like panera also--anywhere you can get good coffee and good food is like my dream. you should move out to the boondocks. our panera is never crowded. lol.

 
At 6:05 PM , Blogger kristen said...

yeah, i know. its only in this city. my previous Panera experiences outside of this city were less crowded. i don't know how the NYC-ers do it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home