17 October 2008

Marnee Thai in Ann Arbor

We went to Marnee Thai twice last week. My friend Katie just recommended it to me a few weeks ago: she said it was a little expensive but the best Thai food in Ann Arbor. I have to agree. I think it is the best Thai food I have ever had! But we could only afford to go twice in one week because my auntie was in town and took us out the second time! They do have a lunch special ($7.50) which sounds like a good deal but it doesn't include all of our favorites.

Our favorites were the spring rolls (veggie and meat are both great), the tom kha gai soup (which my cousin Dawn ordered), and the ice cream with sticky rice for dessert. The spring rolls had a good ratio of wrapper to filling. They were thin and crispy. Kea and I hadn't had tom kha gai before, but we loved it. The only problem was that there was some herbs in the bottom of the dish that I guess we weren't supposed to eat because they were too pokey for our throat! The ice cream with sticky rice we had with both mango and coconut ice cream. The first time I liked the coconut ice cream better (although Kea preferred the mango). The second time they only gave us mango, but I think it was a different brand because the color was slightly different and I liked it better.

We also had the green papaya salad, yellow curry with chicken (the thin pieces of chicken are great), the mixed appetizer, the lotus duck, lotus tofu, and something with eggplant. They were all pretty good, but as good as our favorites.

Another really important thing is that the shrimp was good here. I think this may be the only place in Ann Arbor where I am still willing to try the seafood.

Oh they also have a location near Target called Lotus Thai. I heard it is not as good but still want to try it!

2 Comments:

At 6:52 PM , Blogger Julie said...

The best Thai food you've ever had is in Michigan?! Wow! Well, they do have an Ethiopian restaurant, too, so I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. :)

 
At 2:32 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

Yeah, I'm surprised! haha... of course maybe I need to try more things at Phuket Thai. And Bangkok Chef is still the best deal!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home