18 August 2008

Frozen Fresh Blueberries

My Aunty Nancy taught me to eat blueberries frozen. This was in the '80s or early '90s when my family never even bought fresh blueberries. So I think the first way I ate them (except like in pancakes and pie) was frozen. It's like a teeny little popsicle. Not much taste really, but honestly, I don't think fresh blueberries taste all that great. I eat them for health I guess.

Freezing blueberries is also great as they keep longer. So for the past two years, around this time, I have bought a tub of fresh blueberries from Costco, washed them and tossed them in the freezer. While the weather's warm, I eat them frozen and when it cools off, Kea and I use them for blueberry pancakes.

1 Comments:

At 9:50 PM , Blogger Julie said...

What a good idea! I'm sure they taste much better that way than they do if you buy them frozen. I bet Akira would like to eat blueberries this way. He used to eat them fresh all the time when he was younger, but now he's pickier. However, he does love popsicles, so this might just work...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home