14 July 2008

7/13/08: Overheard at Starbucks in Borders Waikele

College-age local guy and girl. Conversation seemed only mildly awkward at first, like I'm 20 and I need to prove that I'm cool. She was saying something about how Jabbawockeez was gonna be performing or making an appearance somewhere. He didn't believe her at first and then he was like, "I gotta go to that. I wanna get a picture with all those guys. Without their masks."

Then like he was giving her a hard time about some guys she was hanging out with while he was away and her not answering when he called. It was total bullshit. Like they were both such shitty arguers, it was totally painful. He even grabbed her phone to look at her numbers and I wanted to slap him. I'm not really sure how the conversation turned but I think he was trying to get her to be more considerate of his feelings or something so he goes, "What do you do when your son gets hurt? When he scrapes his knee or burns his lip? Do you just let him cry?"

And she goes, "No. I tell him, 'Suck it up.'"

5 Comments:

At 12:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hehe, that rocks.

 
At 7:22 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Ho, domestics!

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger archi.monkey said...

heh overhearing stuff like this in public is amusing isn't it? like how on the elevator ride in my building a girl (mid 20's) kept blabbing away on her phone about how she felt so bad she cheated on her bf and how it was best that they ended up breaking up. i thought, woman, i don't think other people should be hearing about your loose lips from your other loose lips. shut one or the other!

 
At 8:37 AM , Blogger archi.monkey said...

oh and this is just as amusing as reading overheardinnewyork.com

 
At 5:20 PM , Blogger kristen said...

funny!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home