17 October 2008

Caramel Apples from Kilwin's in Ann Arbor

Kilwin's is a candy shop in Michigan. I've sent candies from there home at Christmas. I had a caramel apple from there a couple weeks ago when my friend Jim's girlfriend Janice was visiting. She was craving a caramel apple and I was very excited because I don't know anyone else who likes to eat them! Anyway, I had a caramel apple dipped in pecans. It cost $5.50, which is kind of outrageous, but it was amazing. I like that for $5.50, you know the apple inside has to be quality. I worry sometimes that other companies use crappy apples knowing that the caramel will cover any brown spots or other flaws. The caramel was also great--it wasn't too sweet and it also had a more distinct flavor rather than just sweet. The apple inside was green--probably a Granny Smith--and the tartness went great with the caramel.

1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM , Blogger Julie said...

I guess Granny Smith apples are only good in desserts, huh? I remember in Oakland, those were the only apples they had at the Chinese market down the street and they were foul!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home