15 May 2010

Aoki's Shave Ice, Haleiwa, HI

Kea and I usually go to Aoki's because the line is shorter than Matsumoto's. I'm mad at them now though. We went there last Sunday and the shave ice was so poorly constructed. I had ice cream leaking out of the top of mine from the moment they handed it to me. Actually, I think it was from even before they handed it to me because the girl noticed it had problems and put another cup--which did absolutely nothing to solve the problem! It also was very wobbly and crooked so I had to hold it sideways--which made the ice cream leak out even more. Grr... one of my friends had problems with his too. Some of it spontaneously fell on the ground. Jeez, maybe they are trying to persuade us to buy those shave ice holders! They were messing up plenny people's orders too. I go Matsumoto's next time.

2 Comments:

At 2:33 PM , Blogger Holly said...

i've never thought about choosing a shave ice placed based on the composition of the shave ice, but it makes sense. i guess i am just not a shave ice connoisseur. as long as the ice is fine, and there's ice cream (and doesn't vanilla ice cream taste it's VERY BEST, only when in a shave ice??? it's like crazy good! every time i eat shave ice it makes me want to eat vanilla ice cream by itself, but then it doesn't taste as good) and some kind of tropical fruity syrup, i'm good! but then again, i have it maybe once every like 5 years... =(

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

I think it maybe means that you've never had such a poorly constructed shave ice because I never thought about it until now either!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home