15 May 2010

Diamond Head Cove Health Bar

I'm really confused about the name of this place as I don't recall their sign reading "Diamond Head Cove Health Bar," but the pictures and address look right. Anyway. We needed a quick meal before doing Diamond Head and I recalled this smoothie place on Monsarrat. The menu was limited (all their smoothies [$6] but one had at least one ingredient I am not a fan of [bananas, mango, papaya]) and the smoothies and juices were expensive, but it was good stuff, is not a chain, and did the trick. I wanted the mint and honeydew smoothie, but they were out of mint. :( So I had a juice ($7) made with cucumber, ginger, celery, and lemon. I wished that the juice had ice in it, but it was good and it did the trick of getting me up and down Diamond Head.

2 Comments:

At 2:29 PM , Blogger Holly said...

how was the juice? i'm afraid of juices with veggies and fruits. except V8. for some reason the fact that it's canned and has preservatives makes it okay to have weird things in it. but fresh fruits and veggies... i'm scared of! i guess maybe i fear i'll actually be able to taste the individual vegetables, and the fact that they're all mixed together would gross me out...

 
At 4:08 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

It was good! I'm a little afraid of veggies in juice too. One of my friends has started putting veggies in her smoothies and she says that spinach doesn't change the flavor at all, but lettuce does. Strange huh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home