17 August 2009

Cracker Barrel

There are Cracker Barrels in Michigan but the first thing I heard about it was that it was the favorite restaurant of a friend's husband who I thought had awful taste. We ended up eating here on the drive to Tennessee. I think the Southern expatriates I was with saw it as my initiation or something.

Anyway, I loved it. I love the side dishes in Southern food. I had meatloaf with fried okra and hash brown casserole. The meatloaf was meh. It was okay, but very ketchup-y. It was the least favorite thing I had. The fried okra was awesome. The hash brown casserole was great but I might try mac and cheese next time cuz I'm a huge mac and cheese fan. I also wanted to try the greens.

I also got to try both the biscuits and cornbread. I think I prefer the biscuits just because you can eat them with jam and I liked having a bit of sweet fruitiness with that meal.

3 Comments:

At 10:18 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Dude, the fried okra and hash brown casserole sound delicious! Did I tell you that Akira has a board book about Southern food?

 
At 12:07 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

cool... hopefully i can see akira's book next time. i think i want to try and make hash brown casserole!

 
At 10:00 AM , Blogger dj fuzzylogic said...

Lee Ann and I have tried to make the hash brown casserole from the 'leaked' recipe online. it was delicious though not quite the same as at Cracker Barrel itself. let us know how it goes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home