10 August 2009

Cold Peanut Noodles at Udon Sushi Bakery in East Lansing, MI

I've been here many times. It's the best udon in East Lansing which is really not saying much. Really, the udon is not that great, but if you can't get to Ajishin, it'll do. As it's summer though, I tried one of their cold dishes, the Cold Peanut Noodles. It was so awesome. Perhaps it's that I've never had cold peanut noodles before, but the sauce was awesome and the extras (cucumber, chicken, aburage) were perfect. I liked the cucumber cuz veggies are always good and the rest for protein. There was shrimp too but I picked it out. The shrimp at this place is small and really a waste of time. I guess I'm not that big of a fan of shrimp anyway. They also had two other cold noodle dishes; I think one was udon and one was soba.

4 Comments:

At 8:53 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Ooh, this dish sounds like the one I had at Citrus Bowl in San Francisco! I wonder if that place still exists...

 
At 7:46 AM , Blogger brianchung said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:47 AM , Blogger dj fuzzylogic said...

East/Lansing is where it's at! I should have ventured outside of Ann Arbor more...

(sorry about deleting my own comment above. i was logged in using a random account)

 
At 11:52 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

East/Lansing is not all that, but it does have some gems. It's funny but I've had at least three new EL culinary experiences on this last trip... and heard of at least a couple more that I won't get to. (There are only so many breakfasts one can eat.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home