16 March 2009

King of Thai Noodle House, San Francisco

Ran into this place late at night when my friend C needed food after a party. He was born in Thailand and ordered in Thai: fancy! Anyway, he said it was really good and so we ended up back there a couple of days later. There's one location on O'Farrell and one on Powell. The one on Powell has a deal right now where you get a free Thai iced tea. And their iced tea is so good! A lot of places make it too sweet I think. There's is perfect.

C recommended a dish with flat noodles and Chinese broccoli. I love flat noodles--like chow fun in Cantonese. I don't know exactly what the Chinese broccoli was; I thought it would be choi sum but it was a little bitter, like mustard cabbage. I loved it! I got it with chicken, which was fine, but next time I would try it with pork or beef.

D had pad thai and C had another noodle dish. Everything was awesome!

4 Comments:

At 11:11 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Oh my god, I want a Thai iced tea now! Cravings...

 
At 4:13 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

Where is your favorite place on O'ahu to get it?

 
At 11:44 AM , Blogger Julie said...

Phuket Thai, baby! Actually, I should make it a point to try the Thai iced tea at everywhere it's available, kind of like when my friends Russell and Chris went to all the shave ice places on the North Shore, except I wouldn't do it all on one day. :) What about you?

 
At 12:07 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

i should try the one at phuket thai. i used to get it from that place in the food court by Signature theatres in Pearl City, but now i think that one is too sweet.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home