10 February 2008

Prunes

I've started eating prunes. I guess I really like dried fruit. And one of my coworkers was eating them the other day and let me try one. I think the prune jokes turn people (including me) off a lot and I found that I actually liked them. So I bought some at Costco the other day.

I know I don't eat nearly enough fruits and vegetables, not like when I was living at home... cuz my parents are just so dang healthy. Plus it's hard to manage fresh fruits and vegetables. Inevitably, we have things going bad.

Anyway, one of the best things about prunes is how filling they are. I get hungry a lot... at least every three hours. So I need to carry snacks around--usually things like crackers or popcorn. If I end up buying something, it's usually from a vending machine or coffee shop, so it'll be Doritos, pretzels, bagels... definitely carb heavy. Prunes are much healthier and sometimes it only takes a couple to hold me over.

Anyway, we'll see how long I can keep this up. Last year I went on a Larabar kick, eating like two a day for almost the whole school year. And now I can't eat them anymore. I can sort of see the same thing happening with the prunes. And maybe even sooner than that.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like prunes because they're still pretty juicy, unlike other types of dried fruit. And prune mui is the bomb!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home