21 December 2007

Cinnamon Sugar Apples

I don't really like fruits. I mean, I have always preferred vegetables. And while on a hot summer day, a juicy plum or peach can be the best thing, in the winter, fruit is just cold. For some reason, I prefer dried or cooked fruits. Hrm... maybe it's cuz that usually means there's sugar in it... oh well, it's still a good way to make sure I get my fiber, etc. in the winter.

This fall I started making cinnamon sugar apples, which my dad used to make for me when I was little. He makes it again now for my grandma and grandpa since raw apples are too hard on their false teeth.

I guess this is not really a recipe but I have still picked up some tips for making them. So far, I like Fuji or Granny Smith apples for this. I peel and slice the apple. I used to just slice it into wedges, but Kea likes to core the apple and slice it into rings. And they are kind of pretty that way. When I do the rings, I slice them about half a centimeter thick. Then fry 'em up with cinnamon. When they start getting on the softer side (almost ready to eat) sprinkle some sugar. If you put the sugar too early, it can burn, but be sure to cook the sugar a little bit so that it melts rather than just having sugar granules on your apples. That's it! Now eat them! Yum!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:45 PM , Blogger Julie said...

If this title doesn't sound Christmasy, then I don't know what does! I'm definitely going to try this. Akira's been picky about his fruits lately, but I think the cinnamon and sugar in this recipe could definitely entice him to give apples another go. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home