07 March 2007

Weekend Plans

A few friends from school are coming over this weekend. It's sad when Ann Arbor is the escape for food and shopping, but *shrug*

Anyway, we'll be headed to Amadeus European Restaurant on Friday night. I have always wanted to try pierogi; I think I am a dumpling kind of person. And I figure I should stop eating mediocre Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese food and just eat white people food cuz that is the kind of place where I am living. Like you don't go to a steak house and order sushi (although I did once--holy moly), you don't come to the midwest and eat... sushi. Unless you are really craving it that bad. Anyway, I like white people food. Mac and cheese, tuna casserole... mmm... So here is another kind of white people food. Check out this menu. Everything sounds so good. I think I may have to be a piggy and get the combo cuz I want to try everything!

Saturday morning we'll have brunch at Cafe Zola. They say that they're named after the writer. Ew. I don't know... somehow Francophilia seems the worst of all the philias. Oh, except Asiaphilia. Okay, and I have eaten at total Asiaphile restaurants. Cursed New York--it tricks me. Oh and of course Francophilia is not as bad as like pedophilia and necrophilia... but definitely, of the regional philias, one of the most obnoxious. Anyway, despite it's potentially snobby name, I am eyeing the crepes. And also the tea selection. Yum...

Will report later...

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:41 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Goulash is such an ugly word, which pains me because the actual dish is not disgusting! Those Budapest Pancakes sound delish. Cafe Zola may be pretentious, but at least their menu is pretty. :) I think it's funny that Tao presents such an exoticized image of Asia that they have a decor section on their website!

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger kristen said...

i have to read this more often. but somehow i don't have the same appetite these days. or, much of an appetite at all. oh well, i'm just waiting for it to surface...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home