01 January 2007

New Year's

A friend from my program had a New Year's party. It was sort of a random mix of people around for the holidays. One of our guests, however, from a different program, noted that, for grad students, our parties have good food! This is the second time I've heard that so I'm starting to believe it!

I made Spinach Rolls and Spam Musubi. Spinach Rolls are so easy and always a hit. I feel like they're boring, but people always like them. Spam Musubi is more hit and miss but I knew there were a few of us who would really appreciate them anyway.

There was a lot of great food but one of my favorites was a Dutch New Year's donut. The guy who made it said it is only eaten for New Year's. It was so good that I had to look it up: it's apparently called Oliebollen. They reminded us of andagi and malasadas, which made us Hawai'i folk very happy! They seemed less greasy though and tasted great even after sitting for about an hour. The fruit inside was also different and really good!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:55 PM , Blogger Julie said...

I don't know why, but any recipe that calls for yeast intimidates me. That donut sounds mighty good, though... Yay for spinach rolls and spam musubis! The Hawaii folks must've been stoked, huh? :)

 
At 3:00 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

yeah i don't know if i would attempt to make it. i'm a pretty lazy cook.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home