25 February 2007

And this is why I had leftover ricotta in my fridge.

A couple weeks ago, I made Pizzagna, courtesy of Rachael Ray. It was sooo good--even though I used cheap ass Kroger mozzarella. I also used olives instead of bell pepper because Kea doesn't like bell peppers.

Other lessons learned:
-I would slice the mozzarella thinner next time because when I microwaved leftovers, it got sort of chewy and had to be eaten in one big mozzarella bite (rather than a little in each bite along with some pasta and sauce). And I am all about balance.
-Sometimes the broiler works faster than you think it will--but burnt mozzarella still tastes good. Also, burnt oregano smells like pot.

I am also realizing that Rachael Ray's 30-minute meals dirty a lot of dishes. I guess the speed comes from preparing each piece separately and simultaneously, which means dirtying nearly every dish in my kitchen. (To be fair, my kitchen is fairly small and minimally stocked.)

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:04 PM , Blogger Julie said...

I'm stoked that this recipe has so many different kinds of cheese in it! It looks easy, but messy, as you stated. I don't mind, 'cause if I cook, someone else has to do the dishes. :) I'll make this and let you know how it goes.

 
At 8:34 AM , Blogger archi.monkey said...

That does look good, although I wonder what they mean when they include "crusty bread" on the ingredients list. Does that mean kind of old, dry and crumbly?

Oh, and I would layer on even MORE cheese. I like when it's so thick you have to cut it to take out a bite.

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

i think crusty just means like the french bread with the crunchy crust. you know?

 
At 4:21 PM , Blogger archi.monkey said...

ah, so crusty like flakey? as opposed to regular loaf breads?

 
At 10:45 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

flakey? i don't know... we will sample breads this summer. haha. actually, i guess you can just get whatever bread you like.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home