26 March 2007

New York Food Report

This is all I have energy for...

-new york has lots of cosi-like delis that are great for getting decently priced, decently healthy food at a conference.

-had scones from alice's tea cup. jenny and laurie picked up cuz they are great.

-had bagels from a dude who tried to kick laurie's guide dog out of the store. of course she was pretty mellow about it. and i was like, "that's illegal!"

-pastries and sandwiches from the french place. i don't know this is what j and l call it.

-Thai food including a super hot papaya salad. a little too hot but still made me happy.

-three course dessert at ChikaLicious. Fucking insane.

-there are a lot of Japanese restaurants by NYU

-hot dog and Frappuccino for lunch. This is not good. Do not do this.

-oh yeah got ripped off on the hot dog. i could tell the guy was thinking when i asked how much it was but i still thought two dollars was a pretty good deal. apparently it is supposed to be one.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:38 PM , Blogger archi.monkey said...

I want to go to NYC one of these days. Three course dessert??? Damn that sounds good. Skip the meal and go straight to dessert!

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger Robyn said...

that's what i thought, but luckily Jenny and Laurie knew it was three small courses!

 
At 6:22 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Oh my god, they should totally have a dessert restaurant here! Pair that with a good bar and whoever runs it would make so much money! Yes, I must go to New York sometime soon. I miss Jenny and Laurie! Hopefully they come back to Hawaii for a visit soon. I can't believe that vendor charged you twice as much as everyone else! How rude. Grrr...

 
At 4:51 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

oh yeah, you can get champagne and wine with your dessert too. they give suggested pairings! fancy!

 
At 8:11 AM , Blogger archi.monkey said...

Yes, after I found out how much it was I would have gone back and asked for my second one and say "I already paid for it."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home